Some of our favorite parts included
* spending time with friends at a local lake;
* walking through beautiful medieval cities in Germany;
* counting castles (we got up to 23, I think);
* going for walks in the woods and in the Alps;
* sampling sausages, beer and chocolate;
* picking berries;
* knitting (notes to come on Ravelry).
|Aachen Cathedral (with Charlemagne's chapel)|
|Looking down on Garmisch-Patenkirchen|
|Neuschwanstein Castle - not medieval but an incredible setting.|
|Bacharach - Rhine valley|
|I finished 2 pairs of socks and a cardigan|
So here we are at the end of August, our house is beginning to feel like a home, the children are back in school, and we are all looking forward to getting back into a routine. I hope that I will have more time for my own projects in the weeks to come, I wil update more on that soon.
It feels good to be back in this space. How was your summer?